Viruses and other malevolent software have been around since the time computers became mainstream. With the advances in computer technology and the advent of the internet, the risk of having your data stolen is increasing proportionately. Although software developers provide anti-virus software packages, these are not always efficient in detecting and removing (or quarantining) viruses, phishing software or any malware.
Hence, it has become extremely important for business with large data volume to get the best and most effective cyber security tools for protecting their sensitive information and data from being compromised. Microsoft, the world leader in software development already provides excellent security features in the wide range of top-notch software and online platforms it offers. The Microsoft Office 365 already comes equipped with efficient security features, such as checking links and attachments for viruses and phishing software, encrypting messages when transmitted and stored, as well as immense anti-virus protection using Windows Defender.
Now, the tech-giant has announced even better, improved and enhanced cyber security features in its Microsoft Office 365.
Improved Online Security with Microsoft Office 365
With almost every function of business being conducted using internet connectivity, online security of the top-most quality is a must for small and large businesses today. The new Microsoft Office 365 cyber security features provide the best services when it comes to:
- Recovering files after a malicious ransomware attack.
- Security tools that help to keep information private.
- Advances protection against cyber crime and viruses.
How do the advanced Microsoft Office 365 Cyber Security Features help?
These are the distinct ways in which the upgraded Microsoft Office 365 helps with cyber security:
Recovers files following malicious ransomware attack
Ransomware has become a common tool for malevolent entities on the internet as a means to freeze your files and prevent access to them, in order to extort money from you. The Microsoft Office 365 cyber security features work on two fronts to save you from this threat:
- Files Restore – The advanced Files Restore is now available with your personal OneDrive account. With this feature, the user is able to restore files on OneDrive from any point within the past 30 days. This becomes a life-saver when you lose files by accidentally deleting them en mass or files get corrupted, or due to ransomware attack or any type of catastrophic situation.
- Ransomware Detection & Recovery – The new Office 365 cyber security also detects ransomware attacks beforehand and helps to restore your OneDrive to a point before the attack. This helps prevent giving in to the cyber criminals
Keeps Information Private and Secure
These 3 additional tools in the Office 365 cyber security cache are excellent for keeping your vital information private and secure:
- Password Protected Sharing Links – Sharing links on OneDrive becomes significantly secure with the additional security layers which require a password for the receiver to access and open the link, sharing the file or folder.
- Encrypted Emails – The Outlook.com features additional security blanket with comprehensive encrypted emails.
- Prevent Forwards – Now, you can also choose to restrict the recipient of your email from forwarding it to another person. Apart from prevention of forwarding emails this security feature also allows you to prevent attachments, such as Microsoft Office attachments, to be forwarded by the original recipient even after downloading.
Additional Account Security
Your conventional free account for Microsoft Online services also gets additional protection now. Additional two-factor authentication and anomalous sign-in detection feature, apart from securing links and attachments, are also included in the new and improved Microsoft Office 365.
Microsoft keeps introducing ever-efficient features and additions to its excellent services regularly. BITSCAPE, being the leading supplier of Microsoft services, focuses and ensuring client convenience and safety when it comes to providing online business services.