Microsoft Azure Backup is a key component of Microsoft’s Azure cloud services. Multiple users can use the cloud service which allows data to be backed up to the Azure cloud. Azure reinstates on-premise or other offsite backup solution and offers world-class reliability, security and competitiveness.
Azure Backup is scalable clarification which protects your application data with zero capital investment and minimal operating costs.
Widows Azure Backup is based on cloud backup solution for Windows Server which allows files and folders to be backed up and recovered from the cloud, and facilitates off-site protection against data loss. Azure Backup helps IT administrators and developers with the option to back up and protect critical data in easy recoverable way from any location without spending any hardware cost.
Windows Azure Backup is created on the Windows Azure Platform and uses Windows Azure blob storage for storing customer data. Windows server utilizes the downloadable Windows Azure Backup Agent to transfer file and folder data securely and efficiently to the Windows Azure Backup Service.
Besides facilitating cloud backup for Windows Server, Windows Azure Backup Services also offers ability to backup data from System Centre Data Protection Manger and Windows Server Essentials, to the cloud.
Objectives for Azure Backup
These days’ organizations are increasingly using Azure Backup as prices, reliability, integrity and data management offers a compelling solution for their backup needs.
- The reliability, flexibility and safety by Azure Backup deliver a enhanced quality of service than other solutions in the same price band.
- Azure Backup is an element of a larger Azure suite with complementary world-class Azure services.
- Periodically Incremental data changes are sent to Azure backup using compression, and encryption delivering efficiency and longer retention.
- Azure backup has unique feature that all the effort related to backup management is left to Microsoft rather than to customer.
- There is no downtime involved during virtual machine backup.
- Recovery points are accessible for easy restore in the Azure Backup vault.
The advantage which Azure facilitates is, in a sense, fairly straightforward.
The Windows Azure Backup performance backups by tracking file and makes block level changes only by transferring the changed blocks, so it reduces the storage and bandwidth utilization. Azure Backup uses storage efficiently by only storing the changes.